Old versionsSee all
“Treasures of Mystery Island” develops in a very beautiful environment. The story begins with our protagonist flying on his plane for work. When he flies over the mystery island all of a sudden his plane goes out of control and crashes in the sea. Before the plane fell down, our young man jumped out of the plane with a parachute and felt unconscious on the beach. When he wakes up he’s on a beach being attended by a villager.
Beyond the story, the game is a game which could be categorized into the “seek & find” category. The story gives a frame for the game to develop, that’s all. Once you are playing the game what you have to do is to find certain items in different messy scenes. The game will provide a list of items and some hints in case you get stuck. What makes this game different from others of the kind, is that in this one you are not only supposed to be finding items and picking them up from a scene, but you also have to put them in their correct spots in other scenes.
All the game turns around the story so every step you take in the game is to find your way back home. You will have to solve all kind of problems along the way. You’ll have to repair an old phone to call your wife, just to start. The graphics are great together with music which is pretty relaxing.
When you first enter the game, you’ll be asked for your name and then you’ll get to the main menu with the following options on it:
- Change User: the first time there’s no existing player. After you create one or more, they’ll be saved. When you enter into this submenu, you’ll be asked for a name as a new player. It’s possible to have a list of different profiles and record their performance. This way, you can play home tournaments with family and friends.
- Game: to start playing the game.
- Options: this is the menu from which you can set some game options like sound volume, music volume, and full screen.
- Credits and Quit: no further explanation required.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Oberon Media Game Center, on the Web.
About the system requirements, is not that big computer that you need in order to run this game. Take a look to the list:
- Pentium III 600 Mhz
- 64 MB VRAM
- DirectX 9.0
- Windows XP, Vista
- It has great graphics and sound effects
- It’s a very interesting game since its complexity
- You can buy it for an affordable price
- The interface is only available in English
- It’s not a multiplayer game
- Use on network is not supported